•OTR/L, CMT, RES-CPT™
•JFB Myofascial Release Therapist
•Pelvic Floor Therapist
Erica Reid believes each individual person can impact their healing the most by actively participating in it. She therefore applies her vast experience to not only treating, but educating her clients for self treatment to relieve their discomfort and maximize their individual potential. Her 1 on 1 therapy sessions involve hands-on treatments during which a multitude of Myofascial Release techniques as well as other cutting edge approaches are used to address the whole body. Education in proper body mechanics, movement, and postural awareness are also provided. Treatment session are for all ages, babies too!
Erica is a native of New York who began her career in medicine almost twenty years ago working as a Veterinary Technician in Florida whilst teaching animal behavior at the local college. Erica transitioned to working with people after earning her Occupational Therapy degree from University of Florida in 1997. She is an Advanced (JFB) Myofascial Release Therapist® and a Restorative Exercise Specialist™ who has also trained in CranioSacral Therapy, Visceral Therapy, Pilates and internal pelvic floor work through accredited courses (Herman & Wallace). Using these techniques, she is able to evaluate and treat using a whole body approach.
(JFB)Myofascial Release®, often not addressed in other therapies, is a very safe and effective hands on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the tissue restrictions of the fascial system to eliminate pain and restore motion. Trauma, car accident, whiplash, surgery or just poor posture and repetitive stress injuries has cumulative effects on this tissue causing adhesions and restrictions. Unfortunately, the fascial system does not show on standardized tests such as X-ray, MRI's, and CAT-scans so addressing its restrictions is often the missing link to a pain free and healthy body.After going through her own healing journey with pelvic floor pain, Erica pursued learning and becoming specialized with pelvic floor therapy for both male & female clients through the Herman-Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute. Incontinence, pregnancy pain, posture dysfunction, neck & back pain, and pelvic floor pain are just a few of the conditions she provides treatment for.
Conditions Commonly Treated:
- Breech Positioning
- Bladder and bowel health
- Breast Pain- implant and reduction scars
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyspareunia (painful sex)
- De quervain's tenosynovitis
- Diastasis Recti
- Foot and Calf Pain
- Gastroesophageal Reflux disease (GERD)
- General Orthopedic conditions (full body)
- Hip Pain
- Infertility problems
- Low Back and Neck Pain
- Menstrual Problems
- Nausea and morning sickness
- Organ Prolapse
- Pediatric Care (infant and child/birth injuries-developmental delays)
- Pudendal Neuropathy or Entrapment
- Pelvic Floor pain and dysfunction
- Painful Surgical Scars (episiotomy and mastectomy scars)
- Pubic Bone Pain/separation
- Prenatal pain Conditions
- Post partum Rehab
- Shoulder pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain
- Urinary and Fecal incontinence
- Urinary urgency and frequency
- Urinary tract infections
- Vulvadynia/ Vulvar Vestibulitis
Benefits of Myofascial Release for the Pelvic Floor:
- Identify and treat scar tissue from surgeries
- Identify and treat muscle spasms
- Identify weakness of pelvic floor muscles and define an appropriate exercise program
- Education, biofeedback to help patient understand pain patterns and specific weakness.
- Prepare the pelvic floor for vaginal birth.
- Connects a woman with her foundation/womb
To download patient forms for Erica, please click here to visit Head 2 Soul's website and navigate to Patient Forms. Please feel free to also visit the website for more description of treatments, testimonials, and respected colleagues.