•OTR/L, CMT, RES-CPT™
•Myofascial Release Therapist
•Founder of Head 2 Soul
Erica Reid OTR/L, RES-CPT™, CMT is a native of New York who began her career in medicine almost twenty years ago working as a Veterinary Technician in Florida whilst teaching animal behavior at the local college. Erica transitioned to working with people after earning her Occupational Therapy degree from University of Florida in 1997. She is an Advanced (JFB) Myofascial Release Therapist® and a Restorative Exercise Specialist™ who has also trained in CranioSacral Therapy, Visceral Therapy, Pilates and internal pelvic floor work through accredited courses (Herman & Wallace). Using these techniques, she is able to evaluate and treat using a whole body approach.
(JFB)Myofascial Release®, often not addressed in other therapies, is a very safe and effective hands on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the tissue restrictions of the fascial system to eliminate pain and restore motion. Trauma, car accident, whiplash, surgery or just poor posture and repetitive stress injuries has cumulative effects on this tissue causing adhesions and restrictions. Unfortunately, the fascial system does not show on standardized tests such as X-ray, MRI's, and CAT-scans so addressing its restrictions is often the missing link to a pain free and healthy body.
Erica has worked in multiple cities with over 15 years combined experience in pediatrics, acute, sub-acute, outpatient, and home care settings. After searching for answers for her own women's health issues, she began her education and specialty working with women and babies. She applies her vast experience to educate and treat her clients to relieve discomfort and maximize individual potential.
Conditions Commonly Treated:
- Breech Positioning
- Bladder and bowel health
- Breast Pain- implant and reduction scars
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyspareunia (painful sex)
- De quervain's tenosynovitis
- Diastasis Recti
- Foot and Calf Pain
- Gastroesophageal Reflux disease (GERD)
- General Orthopedic conditions (full body)
- Hip Pain
- Infertility problems
- Low Back and Neck Pain
- Menstrual Problems
- Nausea and morning sickness
- Organ Prolapse
- Pediatric Care (infant and child/birth injuries-developmental delays)
- Pudendal Neuropathy or Entrapment
- Pelvic Floor pain and dysfunction
- Painful Surgical Scars (episiotomy and mastectomy scars)
- Pubic Bone Pain/separation
- Prenatal pain Conditions
- Post partum Rehab
- Shoulder pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain
- Urinary and Fecal incontinence
- Urinary urgency and frequency
- Urinary tract infections
- Vulvadynia/ Vulvar Vestibulitis
Benefits of Myofascial Release for the Pelvic Floor:
- Identify and treat scar tissue from surgeries
- Identify and treat muscle spasms
- Identify weakness of pelvic floor muscles and define an appropriate exercise program
- Education, biofeedback to help patient understand pain patterns and specific weakness.
- Prepare the pelvic floor for vaginal birth.
- Connects a woman with her foundation/womb
To download patient forms for Erica, please click here to visit Head 2 Soul's website and navigate to Patient Forms. Please feel free to also visit the website for more description of treatments, testimonials, and respected colleagues.